Register to Vote
The path to Democratic victory in California is simple – If young people vote, Democrats win elections. If Democrats are to build on the success of 2008, we need you to be registered to vote and also register your family and friends. Below you will find easy step-by-step instructions on how to register.
Please select one of the following options.
All of the information you are asked to provide on these forms are required by state or federal law, with the exception of your telephone number and party affiliation, which are optional.To use this form to register to vote, you will need:
- Acrobat PDF Free Document Reader to be able to open and complete the form.
- Your California driver license or identification number, if you have one, or the last four digits of your social security number, if you have one. If you do not have any of these numbers, the state will assign you a unique identification number.
- A paper printer so you can print the voter registration form, sign it, and mail it to your county elections official.
Please do NOT use this form to register or re-register to vote if:
- You are enrolled in a confidential address program such as Safe at Home. To register to vote confidentially, contact the Safe at Home program toll-free at (877) 322-5227 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You are in the military or living or studying abroad. To register to vote, you must use a different form, which can be found on the Secretary of State’s Military and Overseas Voter Information web page.